French Style Closet Door (Reversed)
Utilize the existing space in your closet doorway with practical storage options built directly into the door using the all new Murphy Door closet solution. This innovative new closet solution is helping to reduce closet clutter and keep your floor nice and clean with a built in laundry hamper so you can keep your room looking beautiful while keeping your dirty laundry out of sight. Our french style reversed closet solution is 12" deep to give you the extra space you need for your laundry as well as plenty of storage on top with 2 adjustable shelves on each side You can even replace those standard shelves with our all new shoe rack shelves or closet rods as an optional upgrade.
Photo used for interior of closet is copyright Clever Closets, Inc.
Flush Mount hidden doors available in:
- Standard Sixes- (ships Quicker) 24", 26", 28", 30", 32", 34" and 36" wide with standard rough opening heights are equal to door width plus 2" x 82" in height
- Custom Sizes available from 72"-96" Please Note these sizes ship on the custom schedule
- Assembled ONLY
- Assembled Hidden Doors are delivered pre-hung on a 4 sided jamb (lower threshold) Simply hang like a store bought pre-hung door.
- Jambs built for a standard 2x4 wall with 1/2" drywall total jamb thickness of 4 9/16". These doors will not work on a wall deeper than 4 9/16" with the in swing option.
- 4 9/16" = Standard (No Charge)
- 6 9/16" = +$50
- Custom Jamb Depth = +$100
Wood Types Available:
- All wood is a mixture of Hardwoods and Veneered engineered MDF to reduce warping
- Paint Grade, Paint grade is a 3/4" MDF, with poplar combination
- Paint Grade, Maple/ Poplar is a blend of different paintable veneers and hardwoods which are absolutely NOT stainable
All Hidden Door packages (assembled/Unassembled) Include:
- 1- Bookcase Door with Face Frame
- 1-Jam/Threshold built for a standard 2x4 wall with 1/2" drywall for a total jamb thickness of 4 9/16"
- 1- Trim Kit
- 1 Hardware Kit
- 3- Adjustable Shelves
- 1- Fixed Shelf
- All Necessary hardware to assemble your bookcase
- Instruction Manuals and videos available online under the how to tab.
Required Tools: (not Included)
- Rubber Mallet
- Wood Glue
- Drill/ Screwdriver
- 1 1/2" Finish nails
- ll Doors are universal Inswing/Outswing Right or Left Hinged.
Items only available in Assembled:
- Paint or Stain
- Mag Locks
- Cabinet Doors
- Locking Systems
- Stain/paint (assembled only)
- Battery Backup Systems
- Custom Sizes
- Warehouse Pickups (UT, KY)
- Dealers Wanted
- Rated at the highest level for client satisfaction by the Houzz community! View our Houzz profile at http://www.houzz.com/pro/murphydoor/murphy-door
Door weights start at 80 lbs for 24" increases up to 135 lbs. with cabinets and lock systems
24" Bookcase Rough Opening 26"x82"
28" Bookcase Rough Opening 30"x82
30" bookcase Rough Opening is 32"x82"
32" Bookcase Rough Opening is 34"x82"
34" Bookcase Rough Opening is 36"x82"
36" Bookcase Rough Opening is 38"x82"
Total overall Depth 8"
Total inside shelf depth 7 1/4"
Total height 81 1/4"
CUSTOM SIZES: All framing requirements are 2" wider than desired door and 2" higher than height. RO- refers to the Rough opening which is the measurement between wall framing studs an existing door jamb.
Total width the inside dimension of jamb is the size listed on your door option IE: 30" door is 30" inside to inside of Jamb
3/4" Veneer Engineered Solid Core MDF for sides, 3/4" doubled for total thickness of 1 1/2" for top and bottom, shelves. 3/4" Solid Hardwood face frames (excluding paint grade)
STANDARD DOOR DIMENSIONS AND SIZE DESCRIPTIONS SEE SPECS TAB:
- Doors that are 24" or less leave a minimal pass through
- Outswing you Lose 10" of pass through, For proper trim clearance you will want a minimum of 2 1/2" clearance from adjacent walls on either side to allow the trim to remain full width all the way around.
- Inswing you Lose 6" of pass through. Inswings need a minimum of 2 1/2" clearance from side of bookcase to wall or obstruction on hinge side.
Custom Order Options: See Custom TAB
We use Murphy Doors Patented Flush Mount Hardware to make this unique and solid piece of furniture function. Our hardware is rated at 1160 LBS dynamic load and 540 Static.
Bookcase door weight capacity:
Our doors are built to last a lifetime We have engineered our bookcases to handle 300 lb. loads on a daily basis and for daily use. Our bookcases use a 3/4" engineered veneered MDF for structural integrity and to reduce warping. Our bookcases have 1 1/2" tops and 1 1/2" bottoms to help carry the weight.
All cabinet doors are made with hardwood materials, Paint grade uses poplar combination.
Magnetic locking systems require wiring on customers side by a licensed electrician, all Mag lock systems are 12 volt and are inverted to 110 V. A 110 outlet is required near the bookcase. Wiring is required from button to electro maget.
Mechanical locks are a key lock accessible from the bookcase side, and can not be unlocked from the inside of the bookcase door. Murphy door mechanical locks are a very secure lock and pin the top and bottom of the door to the upper jamb and threshold.
Murphy Door Advantage VS. The Competitor
All of our doors include everything you need bookcase, hardware, trim, jamb.
FULLY ASSEMBLED! Install just like a pre-hung door from your Big Box Hardware Store.
Hardware has Ball Bearings vs. Washers and NO Bolt acting as a pivot pin that will strip and wear out.
No Need to Buy additional components such as Jam materials to finish the Job! Ours is included in the price.
Average savings of $300-$500 vs. competitor
LIFETIME GUARANTEE ON ALL HARDWARE AND LABOR!
Custom Order Options:
* Width of Door (ie: Standard Width 36" Custom width Min. 30" or Maximum 48")
* Height of Door. (ie: Standard Height 82" Rough Opening, Custom 72"- 96" Rough Opening)
* Side Bookcases at additional price in addition to the custom fee.
* To Order custom simply select Custom Door Option, and enter your specific Rough Opening In the Comment Section at Checkout.
To insure proper pricing and hold up please be sure you order the door closest to the custom size you need.
ALL CUSTOM AND HOME SOLUTION ORDERS ARE 8-12 WEEKS FOR DELIVERY
FREE product pickup available to intercontinental US customers by picking one of two warehouse locations during checkout.
**Door pickup will Not change production time, All doors are built to order. Estimated times listed are production times, and do not include shipping.
Flush Mount Hardware: $5.00 (US) / $10.00 (Canada) Same Day shipping if ordered M-F before 12pm MST with exception of holidays
Surface Mount Hardware: $10.00 (US) / $25.00 (Canada) Same Day Shipping if ordered M-F before 12pm MST with exception of holidays
All Doors Intercontinental USA: Starting at $170.00
STANDARD PRODUCTION LEAD TIMES*
|Assembled||1-2 Weeks||2-4 Weeks|
|Custom & Home Solutions||4-6 Weeks|
*All lead times are an estimatation in weeks (holidays excluded) and are not guaranteed.
East Coast Orders
Please be aware that all East Coast orders must go through our East Coast distribution center in Kentucky. When your order is completed it may hold for a few days in our Ogden warehouse waiting for transfer. Once your order arrives in KY it will be sorted and shipped accordingly. If your time frame does not facilitate for a transfer and you need your freight direct, please let us know and we will price your freight direct from Ogden Utah to your location. Please be aware average savings with distribution is over $500.00. So don't be surprised when your freight bid is really high.
All Assembled Doors to Canada* & Alaska: +$500.00
All Unassembled Doors to Canada*: $300.00
All Doors Hawaii: +$1000.00
*All taxes for Canadian orders are the responsibility of the customer and not included in the shipping price.
We can quote shipping any where in the world but the customer is responsible for import and tariffs.
Current lead time on specialty doors is 4-6 Weeks.
*All lead times are an estimatation in weeks (holidays excluded) and are not guaranteed.
ALL DOORS ARE MADE-TO-ORDER
NEW Rush Order Options:
Option 1. Rush unstained/ Unpainted Doors Completes Production in 1 week or less $300.00
Option 1. Painted/Stained Doors Completes Production in Less than 2 weeks. $300.00
Option 1. Custom Orders Completes Production in 3 weeks or less $300.00
Option 2. Rush Unstained/Unpainted Doors Completes Production in less than 10 Days. $200.00
Option 2. Rush Painted/Stained Doors leaves our warehouse in less than 3 weeks $200.00
Option 2. Custom Orders Completes Production in less than 4 weeks $200.00
*** Rush Options are based on when your door completes production. Murphy Door makes no guarantees written or implied on delivery times, All delivery times are an ESTIMATE based on historical data from our shippers. Murphy Door will offer NO refunds for delayed shipping times or for damages in delivery, this is beyond Murphy Doors control, This option is entirely at the consumers risk.
Cancellation: NO CANCELLATIONS ON RUSH ORDERS! DUE TO NATURE OF THIS ORDER
Exceptions: Depending on the custom nature of your door and options included, some of the options such as cabinet doors, Automation, Maglocks or components, Fluted Casing, Entablatures, may need to ship seperately
|Availability:||Made to Order|