Here are a few Murphy Door Frequently Asked Questions:
What is a Murphy Door?
A Murphy Door is a functional bookshelf which is also a door. It is available as a single unit or bi-fold model, and comes in several sizes, wood types, and finish colors. In addition, we offer customizable options such as extra shelves, wood or glass door panels, etc. Contact Us for more information about custom options.
How do we compare?
Who needs to know about Murphy Doors?
- Interior Designers
- Home Builders
- Furniture Stores
- Apartment & Dorm Remodelers
What are the benefits of a Murphy Door?
- Multiple use of space – “small home, large space”
- Fully functional (books stay on shelf even when open)
- Security (safes, panic rooms, etc.)
- Aesthetics (hide unattractive rooms)
Why should I buy my hidden door from Murphy?
We are the industry leader for hidden doors, featured in Architectural Digest, USA Today and other publications, and are members of the Better Business Beureau. Our products are available throughout the country at some of the nations top retail stores, or can be purchased online.
Are my online transactions safe on this site?
Transactions on this site are fully encrypted. We also respect your Privacy.
How durable and reliable are Murphy Doors?
The Murphy Door holds 300 lbs, has a steel roller system and a lifetime Warranty.
Are bulk discounts available for retailers, builders and designers?
Orders of 16 or more of any one product are discounted. Larger discounts are available for orders exceeding a quantity of 161.
Will Murphy Doors ship internationally?
Murphy Doors will ship anywhere with proper quantities.
What are my options when purchasing a Murphy Door?
- Purchasing method: Dealer vs. Online purchase
- Payment: Credit Card vs. Paypal
- Model: Surface Mount vs. Flush Mount
- Door Swing Direction: Right vs. Left, Inswing vs. Outswing (Flush Mount only)
- Door Width: 32″& 36″ (Flush Mount only), 4′, 5′ & 6′, custom (Surface Mount only)
- Material: Maple, Oak, Alder, Melamine
- Finish: Unfinished, Natural, Cherry, Medium Brown, Dark Brown, Black or White (Melamine only)
- Hardware Color: Brass, Nickle, Oil Rubbed Bronze
Available Surface Mount Extras
- Shelf Kits (4’, 5’, 6’)
- Extra Shelves (2’, 2.5’, 5’, 6’)
- Plate Rack System (2’, 2.5’, 3’, unfinished vs. finished – 4 colors)
- Flat Panel (paint grade – unfinished vs finished – 4 colors, vs. glass, 2’, 2.5’, 3’)
- Raised Panel (paint grade vs. stain grade, unfinished vs. finished – 4 colors)
- Drawer (2’, 2.5’, 3’, unfinished vs. finshed – 4 colors)
Available Flush Mount Extras
- Flat Panel Doors (for 32” vs. for 36”, wood type, unfinished vs. finished – 4 colors)
- Extra Shelf (for 32” vs. for 36”, wood type, unfinished vs. finished – 4 colors)